Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Always a first

This is my first attempt to blogging. Thought this would be a easy way for family and friends that we don't speak to often enough, but should, to keep tabs on the ole Rigney family.



Me, well there is always work and then between 5 and 9 it is being a taxi for the kids to and from, soccer practice, football practice, wrestling practice or Jess' job. Then in that time I squeeze in seeing my dad. (next post will be an update on his progress) Try to squeeze some scrapping, photography and family time in somewhere. On my return from my scrapbook retreat in September I didn't put everything away like usual but set my self up with a corner in the family room, I proud to say since my return on the 16th of September I have completed 9 pages. You see usually I just come home and put everything away until the next retreat.



My birthday was the 19th and boy was I spoiled by all. 1st when I woke up and went into my bathroom their on the counter was a card and a latte from my husband. 2nd @ work Nancy another manager (my @ work mom) brought me in a gift with a latte, coffee mug, chocolates and a Starbucks card. 3rd I was gathered with fellow managers and co-workers with Cinnamon rolls from Polar Bear (yummy) and a bottle of wine (yes, of course for later-still have not opened and if you know me well that's unbelievable) they also gave a gift certificate to Mem'ries, they wanted it to be for Crop, Paper, Scissors, but they were not open at time of purchase. 4th I had lunch with my dear mother, we had a great talk and she got me some good smellies from Bath and Body and also a great wine theme addition for my kitchen. 5th my mother-in-law gave me yet another gift certificate this time for Crop, Paper, Scissors. Last I traveled up to my husbands hunting camp in Waha to do some hunting. He had dinner almost ready, except he still had to grill the nice large rib eyes. I drew a cow tag for Waha, so had to give it a try, no such luck, will go back this upcoming weekend after Joseph's football game in the Kibbie Dome.



Joe - well he is at hunting camp until the 30th, I will keep you updated on his progress. He is now accompanied with his brother Scott.



Jessica - Still an avid soccer player her plan at age 14 is to play at WSU. So she is working hard with that. This fall she just played in tournament with a newer team, there were only 7 of the original girls that she has been playing with for quite of few years. They have played in 3 tournaments so for and have gotten 4th, 2nd and finally a couple weekends ago in Wenatchee they took home 1st. Their last tournament of '07 will be in Walla Walla the first weekend in November. She will continue with working out at the gym and playing indoor soccer through the winter, until spring tournaments start. She is also going to be trying out for basketball again in January. Jessica is defiantly her mothers daughter, she is so boy crazy, Joe and I go crazy over all of the phone calls.



Joseph - He tried tackle football for the 1st time, he usually plays soccer too. He is doing good when he is playing, he plays an average of 4 plays a game. He is not used to hardly any playing time, because with soccer he was always playing. He is one of only 4 5th graders on the team though the remainder of the 28 team roster are 6th graders, he is going to try it again next fall too. His team is the Warriors and the are undefeated, so they will be playing in the championship game at 3pm this Saturday at the Kibbie Dome. He will go on to relaxing after football season and then will play spring soccer with his old team.



Well there you have it, I promise my future posts will be shorter. If you want to know more please post me a comment and ask. I will be adding pictures soon.

No comments: